We hold drum classes on Wednesday evenings in Bristol taught by Jordan Mirrim. The classes are beginner friendly and we offer a £5 taster option. No experience is necessary. Drums are provided. Arrangements are taught by ear and by copying. We have a video playlist to help with learning.
- Feb 21st, 28th, and March 7th, 14th and 21st
- 2 week gap
- April 11th, 18th, 25th, May 2nd, 9th.
- 1 week gap
- May 23rd, 30th, June 6th, 13th, 20th.
- Doors open at 7 pm.
- Classes begin at 7:15 pm.
- Before 11th April
- we drum until 9pm with a short break in the middle.
- From 11th April
- 7.15-8.05 pm drum class
- 8.10-9 pm drumming for dancers
- Horfield CEVC primary school, Bishop Manor Rd, Bristol, BS10 5BD
- Google map.
- 1 week taster session £5
- Drop in £8
- 5 week block £35 (£7 per class)
- 10 week block £65 (£6.50 per class)
- We also accept MoveGB.
Payment via cash or bank transfer
- Sort code 60-07-27
- Account number 45084483
- Please put your name as the reference
Payment is not carried over or transferable to future terms.
To join midway through a term will be charged pro-rata on the number of weeks left.
Members are welcome to come and perform with us if they feel happy to do so. There is no obligation to perform if you come to the classes.
We perform at festivals, street parties, carnivals and weddings throughout the year. Summer is usually the busiest time. For many of us performing is the highlight of being in the Sambistas and there are some perks in terms of food and drink and free tickets into events. We are keen to share that experience with new members. Performing is the most fun when you feel comfortable with the material. That is best achieved by coming to the classes each week. Performances page.