We hold drum classes on Wednesday evenings in Bristol taught by Jordan Mirrim. The classes are beginner friendly and we offer a £5 taster option. No experience is necessary. Drums are provided. Arrangements are taught by ear and by copying. We have a video playlist to help with learning.
Remaining dates for 2019
5th – class
12th – BONUS CLASS
19th – week off
26th – class
3rd – class
10th – class
17th – class
24th – week off
31st – class
7th – week off
14th – class
2nd – drum workshop 7pm
from this point on there are two drumming classes on the Wednesday.
9th – class
16th – class
23rd – class
30th – class
6th – class
13th – class
20th – class
27th – week off
4th – class
11th – class
18th – last class of 2019
- After 9th October doors open at 6pm and Fundamentals class is 6.15 pm to 7.10 pm
- Before 9th October doors open at 7 pm.
- 7.15-8.10 pm drumming in upper room, dancing in main hall
- 8.15-9.10 pm drumming for dancers in main hall
- Glenfrome primary school, Cottisford Rd, Bristol, BS5 6TY.
- Google map.
- Fundamentals course: £5 per session for 10 weeks (£50 total) or 2 x £30 payments (5 weeks each at £6 per class).
- Fundamentals course member joining regular class: 1st session free, subsequent sessions £2
Regular class (regular class followed by joint drum and dance rehearsal)
- Drop in: £8 per session
- Block of 5: £7 per session (£35 total)
- Block of 10: £6.50 per session (£65 total)
- Regular class member going to fundamentals session: £2 per session
- We also accept MoveGB.
Payment via cash or bank transfer (contact us for details).
To join midway through a term will be charged pro-rata on the number of weeks left.
Members are welcome to come and perform with us if they feel happy to do so. There is no obligation to perform if you come to the classes.
We perform at festivals, street parties, carnivals and weddings throughout the year. Summer is usually the busiest time. For many of us performing is the highlight of being in the Sambistas and there are some perks in terms of food and drink and free tickets into events. We are keen to share that experience with new members. Performing is the most fun when you feel comfortable with the material. That is best achieved by coming to the classes each week. Performances page.