Join us for our weekly African Samba fusion dance classes. Beginners and improvers are welcome and encouraged to attend. We promise funky moves to infectious grooves!! Come for exercise, come to learn, come for a laugh……just come!
Improve fitness, stamina, dance technique, and self-confidence to a stupendous soundtrack of live samba drumming.
If you enjoy it and want to take it a step further, you can join the African Sambistas performance group and rehearse with us for events and festivals. Performing is not compulsory, and there is no pressure to do so, but if you fancy it, we will be learning routines alongside the drummers for both static and processional performances.
Dates for early 2019
- Jan 9th is drumming only
- Dance classes: Jan 16, 23, 30, Feb 6
- 1 week gap
- Feb 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20
- 2 week gap
- April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8
- 1 week gap
- May 22, 29, June 5, 12, 19
- Doors open at 7 pm.
- Classes begin at 7:15 pm.
- 7.15-8.05 pm dance class with recorded music.
- 8.10-9 pm dance to live drumming.
- 9 – 9.10 pm warm down.
- Glenfrome primary school, Cottisford Rd, Bristol, BS5 6TY.
- Google map.
- Taster session £5
- Drop in £8
- 5 week block £35 (£7 per class)
- 10 week block £65 (£6.50 per class)
- You can also book with MoveGB
Payment via cash or bank transfer (contact us for details).
To join midway through a term will be charged pro-rata on the number of weeks left.
We perform at festivals, street parties, carnivals and weddings throughout the year. Summer is usually the busiest time. For many of us performing is the highlight of being in the Sambistas and there are some perks in terms of food and drink and free tickets into events. We are keen to share that experience with new members. Performing is the most fun when you feel comfortable with the material. That is best achieved by coming to the classes each week. Performances page.